Thursday, July 16, 2009

Throwback: Thoughts on Pole Dancing 2008

I don’t know where to begin?
Should I begin with my love of music?
Maybe I should begin with my love of movement?
Oooh… how about my love of SEX!
No… I will start from the beginning and the love I have for myself.

I was born in the 70’s when “Free Love” was still the expression of the times.

My Mamma was the ultimate hippy. From the top of her Afro puffs, to her false lashes and lined slant eyes, she was high on life or was that the herb…al essence of a tightly rolled zig-zag of grass she held between her silver iridescent painted lips. She was free. Free from her Double D bra that threatened to hold her down, braless she was under a tight psychedelic tia-died tee followed by her tight bell bottom jeans with no panties, all the way down to the wooden platform wedges on her cocoa butter oiled feet. Peace and Love she was…

So when I, my mother’s child was born I came out the womb raised in this new age mantra of freedom of expression and awareness. Living under the philosophy of unity and love, oneness with the universe and the high power, meditation chakras and… out-of-body experiences man… or was that the contact high of a smoke filled room and Janis Joplin playing on the stereo… 

Take another little piece of my heart now, baby!
Oh, oh, break it!
Break another little bit of my heart now, darling, yeah, yeah, yeah.
You know you got it if it makes you feel good…

Yeah… I feel good!

I am high on life and the occasional screaming orgasm. I know who I am, I am my Mamma’s child. Free. I run through the sprinklers – naked and free. I squat behind trees and pee. I laugh loud, and flirt freely. I masturbate at will… might take a picture of it and text. I grab my friend’s asses and I kiss them on the lips. I read filthy novels and I cuss like a mutha shut-yo-mouf!

So in the new millennium where strength and independence is the expression of the time, I sing from my heart and I pole dance!

I am Woman!

From my long kinky hair, to my sultry eyes and bright smile, I pole dance! Down to my matching bra and panties, under my Baby Phat tee, I pole dance! From my manicured hands to my pedicured toes, platform heels and Goddess pose. I pole dance!

Living under the philosophy of female empowerment, strength and heightened awareness of self. Freedom from self judgment and manipulation, giving permission to feel. No guilt, no shame only courage and heart. Being 100% present and having alter ego, out-of-body experiences man… or is that the contact high of a pole filled room and Beyonce playing on my MP3 player…

Tonight I'll be your naughty girl
I'm callin all my girls
We're gonna turn this party out
I know you want my body

Whatever it is or whatever it was, I was born free, raised free and live free with the understanding that I can do, be and achieve all that I set forth in motion. I believe in living now and not later. No one limits me accept for me. This is what I want to awaken in all women. This is what I believe Luscious Maven’s do. We set women free! Spiritually, emotionally, physically thought the movement of dance and the power of the pole!

Pole dancing is a new element of my life that I love and have a passion for. It taps into my free spirit and takes me away from my 9-5, from stresses of the day and my couch potato hubby and it centers me. It reminds me, if only for a little while why I was put on this earth… to feel, to move, to express and to create.

It has opened a door for me to teach what I love and to give what I already know and understand to the next woman. That is what will be life changing for me. To see the power of the pole change minds, change lives and open women up to learn them selves, to understand who they are, and love every look, every inch and every curve!
I am Woman
I am strong (strong)
I am invincible (invincible)
I am woman

No comments:

Post a Comment